Laboratory Manager for Valens Labs
A successful laboratory manager strives to run their laboratory safely and efficiently. They take responsibility for all aspects of the lab, including equipment, employees, supplies, software, and documentation.
The specific responsibilities of a Laboratory Manager are:
- Preparing analytical samples, calibration standards, quality control samples for routine analysis.
- Following and verifying a variety of analytical methods as required.
- Oversee the ordering of supplies and materials.
- Operating with a high level of personal integrity with quality assurance being a primary concern.
- Maintaining and troubleshooting instrumentation such as chromatography systems, mass spectrometers and other instrumentation as required.
- Ensuring execution of log-in, sample inventory, kit preparation, sending out samples, equipment verification.
- Compose monthly substance inventory.
- Send out invoices.
- Review and publish results.
- Interact with customers relating to complaints, overdue invoices and surveys.
- Train lab technicians and analysts.
- Mentor and discipline employees.
- Schedule resources to ensure analysis quality is not compromised.
- Preparation of monthly, quarterly and annually operational budgets.
- Familiar with the role and responsibilities of a testing lab under the Cannabis Act, Narcotic Control Regulations and GxPs.
- Performing other miscellaneous duties as assigned by Valens Groworks Management.
Basic requirements and desirable qualifications:
- BSc with 10 years of experience or MSc with 5 years of experience or PhD with 2 years experience in related filed.
- Non academic experience, preferably in an ISO 17025 or GxP facility
- Experience with LC, GC, ICP, and qPCR and MS systems
- Strong operational knowledge of Excel, Word, Powerpoint, and related software
- Experience using LIMS and CDS
- Excellent laboratory skills and strong attention to detail
- Demonstrated capability as a team player with strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills
- Strong commitment to professional development and knowledge acquisition
- Proven leadership abilities
- Excellent English communication skills, both written and verbal