The role of the security officer is to maintain a safe and secure environment for employees and visitors to the Valens site in Kelowna by monitoring the premises and personnel.
This role is a Friday, Saturday, Sunday shift schedule.
Security Officer Duties
- Secures premises and personnel by monitoring surveillance equipment, alarm systems, and operation of the intercom.
- Performs random mobile patrols of the exterior of the buildings, equipment, and access points.
- Permits entry to visitors and delivery drivers.
- Vet potential visitors and follows all visitor procedures as determined by SOP’s
- Observes for signs of crime or disorder and investigates disturbances.
- Prevents losses and damage by reporting irregularities; informing violators of policy and procedures; restraining trespassers.
- Completes reports by recording observations, information, occurrences, and surveillance activities; interviewing witnesses; obtaining signatures.
- Maintains environment by monitoring and setting building and security equipment controls.
- Issues and maintains employee and visitor pass cards.
- Monitors and controls all secured doors within and outside the building.
- Maintains organization’s stability and reputation by complying with legal requirements.
- Ensures operation of security equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer’s instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs; evaluating new equipment and techniques.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Proven work experience as a security guard or relevant position
- Trained security officer
- Ability to operate detecting systems and emergency equipment
- Excellent knowledge of public safety and security procedures/protocols
- Surveillance skills and detail orientation
- Integrity, dependability, and professionalism
- First Aid – Level 3 (considered an asset)
To inquire about this Security Officer position, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Return to Careers