Regulatory Affairs, Communications Assistant
Reporting to the Director, Regulatory Affairs, the Regulatory Affairs, Communications Assistant will be responsible for communications flow between the organization and corresponding Quality teams. This person will be primarily responsible for the communication of corrective actions, complaint investigations, as well as general Quality related queries. This role will work alongside the communications teams to ensure external communications are accurate and compliant with the regulations.
- Logging and tracking communications between external and internal Quality teams (i.e licensed partners, retail vendors, Provincial Boards, etc)
- Ensure that all communications are detailed, accurate, and done in a timely manner, in accordance with the Standard Operating Procedures
- Conduct complaint investigations and follow ups as needed
- Ensure all complaint information is recorded appropriately in the database
- Ensure all communications are transparent and informed to all stakeholders including Quality, Compliance, Sales, Operations, and Marketing
- Assist in identifying consumer communication gaps and create strategies to address accordingly
- Work cross functionally to continuously improve upon master consumer response scripting documentation (Marketing, Quality, Inventory & Compliance)
- Support labelling change controls, and database creation, validation and maintenance
- Complete other duties as assigned by the Director, Regulatory Affairs.
- Undergraduate degree is an asset
- 2 years of experience in a similar role is a requirement (customer service, administration, regulatory/compliance, quality assurance etc)
- Experience within the Cannabis Regulations is an asset
- Experience with Microsoft Office is required
- Excelling written and verbal communication skills with a strong attention to detail and highly organized
- Ability to work within a cross functional team environment, as well as perform duties with minimal supervision
- Ability to complete a satisfactory criminal record check
If your experience and skill set aligns with the above please submit your resume to email@example.com with subject line ‘Regulatory Affairs, Communications Assistant application.’
We offer a welcoming and friendly space for BIPOC & LGBTQ+ applicants.
About The Valens Company
The Valens Company is a global leader in the end-to-end development and manufacturing of innovative, cannabinoid-based products. The Company is focused on being the partner of choice for leading Canadian and international cannabis brands by providing best-in-class, proprietary services including CO2, ethanol, hydrocarbon, solvent-less and terpene extraction, analytical testing, formulation and white-label product development and manufacturing. Valens is the largest third-party extraction Company in Canada with an annual capacity of 425,000 kg of dried cannabis and hemp biomass at our purpose-built facility in Kelowna, British Columbia which is in the process of becoming European Union (EU) Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) compliant. The Valens Company currently offers a wide range of product formats, including tinctures, two-piece caps, soft gels, oral sprays and vape pens as well as beverages, concentrates, topicals, edibles, injectables, natural health products and has a strong pipeline of next-generation products in development for future release. Finally, the Company’s wholly-owned subsidiary Valens Labs is a Health Canada licensed ISO 17025 accredited cannabis testing lab providing sector-leading analytical services and has partnered with Thermo Fisher Scientific to develop a Centre of Excellence in Plant-Based Science. For more information, please visit http://thevalenscompany.com. The Company’s investor deck can be found specifically at http://thevalenscompany.com/investors/
Return to Careers