Quality Validation Lead
The Quality Validation, Lead will provide senior level support to the validation operations. They will ensure adherence to all facility SOPs relating to current Health Canada regulations, GMPs, and other applicable regulations. The Quality Validation, Lead will be responsible for overseeing all record maintenance of validations and qualifications; as well as, ensuring that quality standards are met in the preparation and execution of these processes. This role will report to the Director, Quality Assurance.
- Review and approve selection, purchasing, commissioning, qualification and validation documentation of equipment, utilities, facility and processes with the focus on GMP compliance. Examples are, but not limited to: URS, DQ, FDS, FAT/SAT documents/commissioning documents, IQ, OQ, PQ, Validation plan, Risk assessment, validation summary report, SOPs.
- Review and approve deviation/non-conformance/change control/CAPA (events) reports and records from validation/qualification perspective.
- Lead and direct staff by providing validation expertise for issue resolution to support deviations or CAPAs.
- Support Facilities and Transfer Tech Manager to set up a preventive maintenance and calibration program to ensure compliance with GMP requirements and perform QA oversight on calibration and maintenance activities.
- Act as Subject Matter Expert during regulatory and third-party audits.
- Oversee and support the setup and maintenance of validation programs and activities including – process, method, cleaning, transportation, and computer system validation.
- Design and implement process and cleaning procedures for new product and manufacturing equipment, lead enhancements.
- Track validation performance metrics of projects and report to Director, Quality.
- Establish a high-performing team of validation experts and lead the development of guidelines, tools and competencies based on internal know how, industry best practices and current regulatory guidance.
- Establish and maintain a culture of learning and continuous improvement through capturing lessons learned and enabling cross-project collaboration.
- Establish performance goals and strategic/operational objectives for direct reports.
- Coach, counsel, and appraise performance of personnel.
- Ensures and enforces Good Documentation Practices on all applicable documents relating to GMPs.
- Complete all other tasks related to the position, as assigned by the Director, Quality Assurance.
- Bachelor of Science Degree (BSc) in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Pharmacology, Pharmacy, Microbiology, Chemical Engineering or relevant field required.
- 5+ years relevant validation work experience required.
- 1-3 years of supervisory experience required.
- Proven knowledge and experience in applying the risk-basedapproach throughout the validation lifecycle.
- Strong knowledge of GMP and QMS principles.
- Strong knowledge of MS Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Excellent analytical skills and above average attention to detail.
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Successful completion of Criminal Record Check required.
If your experience and skill set aligns with the above please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line ‘Quality Validation Lead’.
ABOUT THE VALENS COMPANY
The Valens Company is a global leader in the end-to-end development and manufacturing of innovative, cannabinoid-based products. The Company is focused on being the partner of choice for leading Canadian and international cannabis brands by providing best-in-class, proprietary services including CO2, ethanol, hydrocarbon, solvent-less and terpene extraction, analytical testing, formulation and white-label product development and manufacturing. Valens is the largest third-party extraction Company in Canada with an annual capacity of 425,000 kg of dried cannabis and hemp biomass at our purpose-built facility in Kelowna, British Columbia which is in the process of becoming European Union (EU) Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) compliant. The Valens Company currently offers a wide range of product formats, including tinctures, two-piece caps, soft gels, oral sprays and vape pens as well as beverages, concentrates, topicals, edibles, injectables, natural health products and has a strong pipeline of next-generation products in development for future release. Finally, the Company’s wholly-owned subsidiary Valens Labs is a Health Canada licensed ISO 17025 accredited cannabis testing lab providing sector-leading analytical services and has partnered with Thermo Fisher Scientific to develop a Centre of Excellence in Plant-Based Science. For more information, please visit http://thevalenscompany.com. The Company’s investor deck can be found specifically at http://thevalenscompany.com/investors/
Return to Careers