The Quality Technician is responsible for all raw material and bulk transfer product sampling and monitoring of production documentation. The Quality Technician ensures and monitors adherence to all facility SOPs relating to current Health Canada regulations, GMPs, and other applicable regulations. They report to the Quality Assurance Supervisor.
QUALITY TECHNICIAN DUTIES:
- Conduct regular swab tests to ensure equipment meets manufacturing specifications.
- Ensure efficiency of a Quality Management System for all processing and packaging activities. Monitor process control points and take measures to eliminate deviations.
- Ensures and monitors adherence to all facility SOPs relating to current GMPs and other applicable. regulations; including but not limited to, Change Controls, Deviations, Recalls, Returns and Customer Complaints.
- Ensures and enforces Good Documentation Practices on all applicable documents relating to GMPs.
- Assisting with internal and external audits for Health Canada, GMP and QA. This includes addressing issues, preparing response reports and regulatory submissions.
- Ensure the integrity of oil products, including oversight of annual and semi-annual inventories. Investigate variances and reconciliations.
- Oversee sampling of raw materials and finished goods for testing and retention purposes, when applicable. Responsible for the release or rejection of finished products.
- Assist in the investigation and report all suspicious transactions and losses.
- Assist with the authorization, processing and managing all returned product.
- Assist with operational activities as required.
- Maintain SDS.
- Complete all other tasks related to the position, as assigned by the Head of QA/QC or QA Manager
- Bachelor of Science Degree (BSc) in Chemistry, Bio-Chemistry, Pharmacology, Pharmacy, Microbiology, Chemical Engineering, Medicine, Dentistry or Veterinary Medicine is an asset.
- Able to successfully obtain a clear criminal record check.
- 1-3 years of work experience.
- Knowledge of GMP, ISO 9001, and Health Canada regulations.
- Previous Health Canada Security clearance and work experience with a Canadian Licensed Dealer or Licenced Producer is an asset.
- Knowledge of GLP principles, ISO 17025, and laboratory experience an asset.
- Knowledge and experience in chemistry, pharmacology and plant biology an asset.
- Strong knowledge of MS Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Excellent analytical skills and above-average attention to detail.
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills.
- Oriented towards quality work and service.
- Capable of multitasking with minimal supervision.
- Excellent English communication skills both written and verbal
To inquire about this Quality Technician position, please send your resume and cover letter to Careers@thevalenscompany.com
About The Valens Company
The Valens Company is a global leader in the end-to-end development and manufacturing of innovative, cannabinoid-based products. The Company is focused on being the partner of choice for leading Canadian and international cannabis brands by providing best-in-class, proprietary services including CO2, ethanol, hydrocarbon, solvent-less and terpene extraction, analytical testing, formulation and white-label product development and manufacturing. Valens is the largest third-party extraction Company in Canada with an annual capacity of 425,000 kg of dried cannabis and hemp biomass at our purpose-built facility in Kelowna, British Columbia which is in the process of becoming European Union (EU) Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) compliant. The Valens Company currently offers a wide range of product formats, including tinctures, two-piece caps, soft gels, oral sprays and vape pens as well as beverages, concentrates, topicals, edibles, injectables, natural health products and has a strong pipeline of next-generation products in development for future release. Finally, the Company’s wholly-owned subsidiary Valens Labs is a Health Canada licensed ISO 17025 accredited cannabis testing lab providing sector-leading analytical services and has partnered with Thermo Fisher Scientific to develop a Centre of Excellence in Plant-Based Science. For more information, please visit http://thevalenscompany.com. The Company’s investor
deck can be found specifically at http://thevalenscompany.com/investors/
Return to Careers