The Quality Assurance Supervisor is responsible ensuring and monitoring adherence to all facility SOPs relating to current Health Canada regulations, GMPs, and other applicable regulations. They will act as a leader to a team of QA techs and Valens’ continues to improve and develop our QM. They report to the Quality Assurance Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervise Quality Technician employees and provide guidance and leadership.
- Manage employee-related activities including performance management and development.
- Manages people and resources to meet regulatory requirements and expectations.
- Ensures effective scheduling and spending to meet quality requirements and ensure product meets expectations.
- Ensures that the required initial and continuing training of the Quality department is performed.
- Ensures appropriate documentation review of batch manufacturing and/or packaging records, Certificate of Compliance, Certificate of Analysis, etc.
- Review testing data, analytical reports and Certificate of Analysis (CoA) of each cannabis product batch/lot prior to further processing.
- Provide oversight to improve and maintain the QMS in the facility
- Supports deviation/failure, complaint or OOS investigations and approves all associated output and CAPAs.
- Review of change controls.
- Review of GMP documentation including SOPs, Batch Records, Master Batch records.
- Assists in data collection and analysis of Quality metrics.
- Support equipment validations and qualification programs and ensure preventive maintenance status of equipment is up to date.
- Identify continuous improvement opportunities that result in quality/compliance improvement, efficiency and/or cost savings.
- Participates and assists in internal and external regulatory compliance audits.
- Work as part of a cross-functional team with other departments and facilitate inter-departmental teamwork.
- Perform other duties as assigned by QA Manager and QAP
- Bachelor’s Degree in Science or related field,
- 2-3 years related work experience with a minimum of 1 year experience in a leading role
- Knowledge of GMP/ GLP, ISO 9001/17025, and Health Canada regulations.
- Knowledge and experience in chemistry, pharmacology and plant biology an asset.
- Strong knowledge of MS Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Excellent analytical skills and above-average attention to detail.
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills.
- Previous Health Canada Security clearance and work experience with a Canadian Licensed Dealer or Licenced Producer is an asset.
To apply, send you resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Return to Careers