Reporting to the Production Manager, the Production Supervisor will lead a team of >20 staff, be capable of learning all areas of responsibility and perform duties in a highly regulated industry utilizing the appropriate standard operating procedures (SOPs) and guidelines. This position is an exciting opportunity for an individual to join and contribute to the growth of a creative and fast-moving industry.
Shift Schedule: Night Shift 4:00pm – 2:30am (Monday – Thursday)
- Support production in managing and leading daily manufacturing operations across multiple production areas
- Adhere to the work schedule and ensure appropriate allocation of labor to meet deadlines while motivating the team
- Able to follow the production schedule, set production goals and expectations while working with Staff to identify and resolve production constraints.
- Improve manual processes with the goal of improving efficiency, and minimizing errors
- Track key performance indicators (KPIs) to drive improvement in both process and staffing.
- Follow standardized work procedures and adhere to safe work practices
- Remain up to date on all SOPs and maintain documentation required for compliance
- Work with the Manager & HR to address staff performance issues and training requirements
- Provide performance feedback to team members and partake in employee evaluations.
- Support new employees with on job training and provide mentorship
- Active participant in the safety protocols for all production floor operations
- Other duties as assigned by the Production Manager
- 2+ years of leadership experience in a similar role
- High school education required
- Experience in a manufacturing environment an asset
- Proven ability to successfully oversee and lead a large and growing team
- Experience training employees and monitoring performance
- High level of personal integrity with the utmost attention to quality assurance
- Excellent time management and organizational skills, able to meet deadlines in a fast-paced, changing environment
- Strong Microsoft Office skills (Outlook, Word, Excel)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, with a strong attention to detail
- Ability to lift 30 lbs. on a regular basis
- Capable of troubleshooting problems while maintaining a positive attitude
- Ability to complete a satisfactory criminal record check
If your experience and skill set aligns with the above please submit your resume to email@example.com with subject line ‘Production Supervisor’
We offer a welcoming and friendly space for BIPOC & LGBTQ+ applicants.
ABOUT THE VALENS COMPANY
The Valens Company is a global leader in the end-to-end development and manufacturing of innovative, cannabinoid-based products. The Company is focused on being the partner of choice for leading Canadian and international cannabis brands by providing best-in-class, proprietary services including CO2, ethanol, hydrocarbon, solvent-less and terpene extraction, analytical testing, formulation and white-label product development and manufacturing. Valens is the largest third-party extraction Company in Canada with an annual capacity of 425,000 kg of dried cannabis and hemp biomass at our purpose-built facility in Kelowna, British Columbia which is in the process of becoming European Union (EU) Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) compliant. The Valens Company currently offers a wide range of product formats, including tinctures, two-piece caps, soft gels, oral sprays and vape pens as well as beverages, concentrates, topicals, edibles, injectables, natural health products and has a strong pipeline of next-generation products in development for future release. Finally, the Company’s wholly-owned subsidiary Valens Labs is a Health Canada licensed ISO 17025 accredited cannabis testing lab providing sector-leading analytical services and has partnered with Thermo Fisher Scientific to develop a Centre of Excellence in Plant-Based Science. For more information, please visit http://thevalenscompany.com. The Company’s investor deck can be found specifically at http://thevalenscompany.com/investors/
Return to Careers