This Logistics Technician is responsible for shipping, receiving and warehouse organization. He/she is the primary focus for all outbound freight; shipment of goods to our customer via ground, air and ocean; initial quality control of inbound goods; overall cleanliness and organization of the warehouse; and, in collaboration with others, will be responsible for inventory counts. In addition, this position also provides assistance and support to the packaging and assembly area. They report to the Logistics Manager.
- Picking orders from stock and shipping to customers
- Thorough understanding of transportation and courier company’s requirements for shipping valves, accessories and numerous other items domestically and internationally
- Preparing all related documents, weigh bills, packing slips, QA packages and other shipping documentation as required
- Packaging goods for transportation ensuring they are safely and securely packaged and labelled to arrive at our customer’s location in the best condition possible
- Loading and unloading of goods from trucks and containers
- Inspecting and verifying incoming goods against packing slips or related documents and forward information on discrepancies to the relevant buyer
- Unpacking, documenting, labelling, locating and routing goods to the appropriate area;
- Receiving goods and locating in the warehouse as appropriate
- Stock – Label and locate as required
- Completing regular cycle/inventory counts; playing an active role in annual inventory counts; preparing paperwork and coordinating goods going off-site for 3rd party processing.
- Maintaining a clean and efficient warehouse
- Maintaining the quarantine area for non-conforming goods and ensuring follow up to clear them up is complete
- Ensure an uninterrupted supply of consumables and/or services are available to perform all quality functions
- Maintain the stock management system to ensure consumables are stored under correct environmental conditions and are used prior to expiration dates
- High school diploma or equivalent;
- Must be able to obtain a clear police record check
- Basic computer skills
- Requires attention to detail, precision, and accuracy
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
- Clear and definitive communications skills
- Safety conscious and highly organized
- Ability to lift and maneuver up to 50 lbs
- Forklift certification
- Previous experience in shipping/receiving considered an asset
At the Valens Company, we believe in creating products for those who need them. We do things the right way without ever cutting corners. Whether it’s medical or recreational, local or international, we’re pursuing meaningful extraction, formulation, product development and testing to bring purposeful cannabis to the people.
To inquire about this Logistics Technician position, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
About Valens GroWorks
Valens GroWorks Corp. (TSXV: VGW) (OTC: VGWCF) is a multi-licensed, vertically-integrated cannabis company focussed on being the partner of choice for leading Canadian and international cannabis brands by providing best-in-class, proprietary services including CO2, ethanol, hydrocarbon, solvent-less and terpene extraction, analytical testing, formulation and white-label product development. Valens is the largest third-party extraction Company in Canada with an annual capacity of 425,000 kg of dried cannabis and hemp biomass at our purpose-built facility in Kelowna, British Columbia which is in the process of becoming European Union (EU) Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) compliant. Additionally, our subsidiary Valens Labs is a Health Canada licensed ISO 17025 accredited cannabis testing lab providing sector-leading analytical services and has partnered with Thermo Fisher Scientific to develop a Centre of Excellence in Plant-Based Science. For more information, please visit Valens GroWorks or view the company’s Investor’s Deck.
Return to Careers