The Valens Company is a multi-licensed, vertically integrated provider of cannabis products and services focused on various proprietary extraction methodologies, distillation, cannabinoid isolation and purification as well as associated quality testing in the rapidly evolving cannabis industry. We are currently seeking an enthusiastic and experienced Laboratory Administrator to support Valens Labs activities and ensure that administrative processes are documented, followed and monitored in accordance with the high standards of The Valens Company.
Laboratory Administrator Responsibilities:
- Receive and verify customers’ samples, enter them in the LIMS system and assign them unique labels.
- Oversee customers’ chain of custody forms and clients’ invoices.
- Oversee the ordering of laboratory supplies, chemicals and other lab materials.
- Manage and maintain laboratory equipment’s supplies ready by keeping inventory stock, placing orders and verifying receipt/invoices.
- Support laboratory staff by maintaining the lab cleanliness, including general housekeeping and cleaning glassware and updating logbooks and maintenance records.
- Help preparing, homogenizing, and weighing samples for analysis.
- Quality control monitoring, to include but not be limited, to recording daily temperatures of fridges and freezers, daily weigh checks, daily calibrations of micropipettes, etc.
- Assist Laboratory Manager by maintaining appropriate documentation control (electronic and hard copy) for corrective and preventative action program while supporting continuous improvement.
- Ability to assist in the revision of Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) specific to the laboratory.
- Perform other miscellaneous duties as assigned by the Management.
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry, Biology or a closely related field.
- Experience in administration, office management and document control a strong asset
- Excellent time management and organizational skills to meet deadlines in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Exceptional customer service, a cooperative attitude, and a positive demeanor
- General understanding of laboratory operations is required. Knowledge and understanding of ISO 17025 and/or GLP regulations is a plus.
- Experience with Microsoft Word and Excel is necessary; familiarity with Adobe Acrobat is preferred.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality appropriately and manage a variety of responsibilities at once while remaining flexible to shifting priorities
- Must possess the ability to effectively communicate sensitive information in a professional manner, work both independently and collaboratively on a team and build trust.
- Adaptable and willing to take on a broad range of tasks, and can communicate well within the workplace, scientific environment and public.
- Successful criminal background check.
At The Valens Company, we believe in creating products for those who need them. We do things the right way without ever cutting corners. Whether it’s medical or recreational, local or international, we’re pursuing meaningful extraction, formulation, product development and testing to bring purposeful cannabis to the people.
Return to Careers