We are currently seeking an enthusiastic and experienced Lab Analyst with a strong background in analytical chemistry to join our team that applies LC-MS/MS, GC-MS/MS, ICP-MS, HPLC-UV and qPCR techniques for cannabis products testing.
Lab Analyst Responsibilities
- Utilize Thermo Fisher Trace 1310 GC coupled to TSQ 8000 or TSQ 9000 Evo MS (GC-MS/MS) and Vanquish UPLC coupled to TSQ Altis MS (LC-MS/MS) instruments and related software’s such as Chromeleon.
- Qualitative and Quantitative analysis of cannabis products
- Maintain Quality Control records and perform Quality review of data to ensure the accuracy and integrity of results
- Interaction with external clients and vendors
- Remain up to date on all SOPs and other lab related guidelines, and maintain documentation required for compliance
- Assist in maintaining the laboratory for ISO/CALA accreditation standards and future audits
- Assist in the training and development of technicians
- Utilize self-reliance in understanding and adhering to laboratory safety precautions and proper use of personal protective equipment
- Graduate degree (B.Sc. or M.Sc.) in Analytical Chemistry or a closely related field.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience (within the last 3 years) in routinely using GC-MS/MS or LC-MS/MS or HPLV-UV systems for qualitative and quantitative analysis of food and/or plant samples, data analysis and interpretation.
- Familiarity with Thermo Fisher Scientific analytical instruments and related software’s is considered an asset
- Knowledge and expertise in sample preparation and cleanup techniques that are required for food and/or plant samples.
- Skill to accurately test large numbers of samples with reliable repeatability and commitment to achieve good quality work.
- Experience in using Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS) to record and document all analytical activities and results during the processing of samples.
- Knowledge and understanding of GLP regulations.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills to meet deadlines in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Strong operational knowledge of Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and related software.
- Excellent English communication skills, both written and verbal
If you’re interested in this Lab Analyst position, please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com
About The Valens Company
The Valens Company is a global leader in the end-to-end development and manufacturing of innovative, cannabinoid-based products. The Company is focused on being the partner of choice for leading Canadian and international cannabis brands by providing best-in-class, proprietary services including CO2, ethanol, hydrocarbon, solvent-less and terpene extraction, analytical testing, formulation and white-label product development and manufacturing. Valens is the largest third-party extraction Company in Canada with an annual capacity of 425,000 kg of dried cannabis and hemp biomass at our purpose-built facility in Kelowna, British Columbia which is in the process of becoming European Union (EU) Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) compliant. The Valens Company currently offers a wide range of product formats, including tinctures, two-piece caps, soft gels, oral sprays and vape pens as well as beverages, concentrates, topicals, edibles, injectables, natural health products and has a strong pipeline of next-generation products in development for future release. Finally, the Company’s wholly-owned subsidiary Valens Labs is a Health Canada licensed ISO 17025 accredited cannabis testing lab providing sector-leading analytical services and has partnered with Thermo Fisher Scientific to develop a Centre of Excellence in Plant-Based Science. For more information, please visit The Valens Company website. The Company’s investor deck can be found on our Investors page.
Return to Careers