Inventory Control Manager
The Valens Company is seeking an Inventory Control Manager to join our team at our facility in Kelowna, BC.
The Inventory Control Manager will be responsible for creating, implementing and updating all inventory management support services to the company, including activities supporting functional areas such as sales, production, planning, and shipping and receiving. This role is tasked with optimizing and maintaining lean inventories to minimize physical and financial loss and Investigating process breakdowns, to find root causes within our supply chain. This position reports to the Security and Operations Manager.
INVENTORY CONTROL MANAGER DUTIES:
- Recommend, budget and maintain appropriate inventory levels while maintaining customer availability targets
- Responsible for driving process improvements in the areas of monitoring inventory, vendor purchase orders, stocking levels and order quantities
- Responsible for coordinating the regularly scheduled inventory counts and providing leadership and support to inventory counters, during both cycle and year-end counts
- Provides administrative support for operational functions including product and service procedures, SOP’s, policies, and other items, all in alignment with quality assurance and GMP requirements.
- Monitors lot controlled consumable items within the warehouse, maintaining inventory counts, and ensuring enough inventory to fulfill orders.
- Provide trend analysis to branches and DC and create/modify reports to support all business units
- Tracks inventory movement within the warehouse for both controlled and uncontrolled products.
- Oversees the destruction process by assessing documentation from the production team and destruction specialists to ensure accuracy.
- Develop and implement improvements to existing operational procedures in order to maximize efficiency and cut operations costs.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- 5 years minimum experience in a related field
- Relevant education in the supply chain, materials management such as CPP or PMAC an asset
- Effective presentation, report writing skills and the ability to work individually
- Reliable, responsible and dependable
- Hands-on experience with an ERP system
- Excellent research skills and strong attention to detail
- Demonstrated capability as a team player with strong interpersonal skills
- Strong commitment to professional development and knowledge acquisition
- Excellent English communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to be resourceful and proactive when issues arise
- Multitasking and time-management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks under pressure
If you’re interested in this Inventory Control Manager position, please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com
About Valens GroWorks
Valens GroWorks Corp. (TSXV: VGW) (OTC: VGWCF) is a multi-licensed, vertically-integrated cannabis company focussed on being the partner of choice for leading Canadian and international cannabis brands by providing best-in-class, proprietary services including CO2, ethanol, hydrocarbon, solvent-less and terpene extraction, analytical testing, formulation and white-label product development. Valens is the largest third-party extraction Company in Canada with an annual capacity of 425,000 kg of dried cannabis and hemp biomass at our purpose-built facility in Kelowna, British Columbia which is in the process of becoming European Union (EU) Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) compliant. Additionally, our subsidiary Valens Labs is a Health Canada licensed ISO 17025 accredited cannabis testing lab providing sector-leading analytical services and has partnered with Thermo Fisher Scientific to develop a Centre of Excellence in Plant-Based Science. For more information, please visit Valens GroWorks or view the company’s Investor’s Deck.
Return to Careers