Inventory Control Coordinator
Reporting to the Inventory Control Manager, the Inventory Control Coordinator is responsible for making cycle counts on various products, raw materials, consumables and other items throughout the production facility. The individual is also tasked with identifying problems with inventory and troubleshooting where the problems occur in order to keep an accurate inventory at all times and maintain an orderly inventory management system.
Shift Schedule: Night Shift 4:00pm – 2:30am (Monday – Thursday)
- Provides administrative support for operational functions including product and service procedures in alignment with quality assurance and GMP requirements.
- Performs Cycle Counts on inventory, investigates errors and problem solves discrepancies with appropriate site contact(s).
- Assists shipping and receiving by weighing/counting incoming inventory, acquiring accurate incoming inventory records, ensuring appropriate movement/storage within the facility, and coordinating outgoing shipments.
- Monitors lot controlled consumable items within the warehouse, maintaining inventory counts, and ensuring enough inventory to fulfill orders.
- Stages the product for production to ensure accurate lots and amounts are being processed according to the production schedule.
- Compares information on batch records to physical inventory to ensure accuracy of weights/amounts and label information.
- Tracks inventory movement within the warehouse for both controlled and uncontrolled products.
- Completes monthly inventory counts and reconciliation against the system generated inventory numbers.
- Oversees the destruction process by assessing documentation from the production team and destruction specialists to ensure accuracy.
- Reviews documentation and monitors production lots to identify for discrepancies.
- Processes and documents returns, as required, following the established procedures
- Develops and implements improvements to existing operational procedures in order to maximize efficiency and cut operations costs.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- 2 years minimum experience in a related field
- Effective presentation, report writing skills and the ability to work individually
- Highly conscientious and attentive; uses logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions
- Excellent analytical skills and strong attention to detail
- Demonstrated capability as a team player with strong interpersonal skills
- Strong commitment to professional development and knowledge acquisition
- Excellent English communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to be resourceful and proactive when issues arise
- Multitasking and time-management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks under pressure
- Successful satisfactory completion of Criminal Record Check required
If your experience and skill set aligns with the above please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line ‘Inventory Control Coordinator’
We offer a welcoming and friendly space for BIPOC & LGBTQ+ applicants.
ABOUT THE VALENS COMPANY
The Valens Company is a global leader in the end-to-end development and manufacturing of innovative, cannabinoid-based products. The Company is focused on being the partner of choice for leading Canadian and international cannabis brands by providing best-in-class, proprietary services including CO2, ethanol, hydrocarbon, solvent-less and terpene extraction, analytical testing, formulation and white-label product development and manufacturing. Valens is the largest third-party extraction Company in Canada with an annual capacity of 425,000 kg of dried cannabis and hemp biomass at our purpose-built facility in Kelowna, British Columbia which is in the process of becoming European Union (EU) Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) compliant. The Valens Company currently offers a wide range of product formats, including tinctures, two-piece caps, soft gels, oral sprays and vape pens as well as beverages, concentrates, topicals, edibles, injectables, natural health products and has a strong pipeline of next-generation products in development for future release. Finally, the Company’s wholly-owned subsidiary Valens Labs is a Health Canada licensed ISO 17025 accredited cannabis testing lab providing sector-leading analytical services and has partnered with Thermo Fisher Scientific to develop a Centre of Excellence in Plant-Based Science. For more information, please visit http://thevalenscompany.com. The Company’s investor deck can be found specifically at http://thevalenscompany.com/investors/
Return to Careers