Health and Safety Coordinator
The Valens Company is seeking an Occupational Health and Safety Coordinator to join our team at our facility in Kelowna, BC.
Reporting to the Facilities Manager, the Occupational Health and Safety Coordinator is responsible for coordinating, updating and improving the Health and Safety Program and ensuring that all staff, employees and job sites are kept up to date on all Health and Safety related information and documentation.
- Ensure that all Health and Safety requirements as outlined in the Company Health & Safety Manuals are followed and adhered to by all staff.
- Foster a culture of safety, health and mutual accountability
- Ensure the Health and Safety program complies with all applicable legislations
- Maintain effective control of all Health and Safety requirements in relation to operational duties and hazard identification
- Ensure that preventive and correct actions are addressed promptly in conjunction production, facilities and quality assurance
- Ensure that a copy of the Health and Safety Policy and subsequent updates are available to all staff and job sites as required.
- Ensure that all employees receive adequate information, instruction and training relevant to ensure their work is conducted safely and without risks to health.
- Notify the Facilities Manager and other relevant parties of any proposed changes to the operations, which will significantly alter the findings of the risk assessments and safe systems of work.
- Maintain all documents incident reports, and audits and ensure First Aid Room Inventory is maintained
- Report all accidents, incidents and near-misses to required management.
- Organize regular Joint Health and Safety Meetings with branch management and staff to report on current happenings and Health and Safety updates, inclusive of monthly tool-box-talks.
- Support and carry out all Environmental procedures and issues.
Education & Qualifications
- Degree or diploma in a related field (i.e. HSE or OH&S) and 1-2 years of prior experience in the field of Occupational Health and Safety
- NSCO designation a strong asset
- Exemplary English skills, both verbal and written, with strong analytical and communication skills.
- Current OFA3 Certification or willingness to undergo training.
- A strong understanding of safety code, rules and regulations as they pertain to WorkSafeBC and provincial legislation.
- Committed to maintaining mutually respectful relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
- Ability to effectively manage time, responsibilities and priorities.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs
- Committed to continuous improvement and fostering a culture of safety
- Successful completion of a criminal record check
To apply please send your resume to careers@TheValensCompany.com.
Return to Careers