The Facility Technician position is responsible for keeping buildings in clean and orderly condition and general repair and maintenance duties. This position will have you reconfiguring offices, doing supply runs for ongoing projects and ad-hoc maintenance as needed. Reporting to the Facilities Manager, this role benefits from a mechanical aptitude, a customer focus, and a willingness to adapt to a rapidly changing environment.
FACILITY TECHNICIAN DUTIES:
- Perform routine maintenance and repairs on the building and installations.
- Plan and execute duties to minimize the impact on ongoing operations
- Restocking PPE and other consumables for production daily
- Support tradespeople during maintenance and construction
- Complete runs to suppliers to pick-up additional materials
- Gather and empty trash and recycling
- Assemble new work stations and offices
- Notify Facility Manager concerning the need for major repairs or additions to building operating systems
- Communicate the need for supplies and equipment for cleaning and maintenance duties to the purchasing department
- Service, clean and supply restrooms
- Complete other duties as assigned by the Facility Manager
- High School Diploma
- Professional attitude and appearance
- Mechanical aptitude and “handy” skills
- Ability to be resourceful and proactive when issues arise
- Dependable, reliable, responsible
- Excellent organizational skills
- Class 5 license and clean drivers abstract
- Multitasking and time-management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks
- Criminal Record Check required
At the Valens Company, we believe in creating products for those who need them. We do things the right way without ever cutting corners. Whether it’s medical or recreational, local or international, we’re pursuing meaningful extraction, formulation, product development and testing to bring purposeful cannabis to the people.
To inquire about this Facility Technician position, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
About Valens GroWorks
Valens GroWorks Corp. (TSXV: VGW) (OTC: VGWCF) is a multi-licensed, vertically-integrated cannabis company focussed on being the partner of choice for leading Canadian and international cannabis brands by providing best-in-class, proprietary services including CO2, ethanol, hydrocarbon, solvent-less and terpene extraction, analytical testing, formulation and white-label product development. Valens is the largest third-party extraction Company in Canada with an annual capacity of 425,000 kg of dried cannabis and hemp biomass at our purpose-built facility in Kelowna, British Columbia which is in the process of becoming European Union (EU) Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) compliant. Additionally, our subsidiary Valens Labs is a Health Canada licensed ISO 17025 accredited cannabis testing lab providing sector-leading analytical services and has partnered with Thermo Fisher Scientific to develop a Centre of Excellence in Plant-Based Science. For more information, please visit Valens GroWorks or view the company’s Investor’s Deck.
Return to Careers