Quality Assurance/Quality Control Associate
We are seeking a Quality Assurance/Quality Control Associate that will be responsible for learning, teaching, implementing, and enforcing SOP compliance in all departments. The QA/QC Associate ensures and monitors adherence to all facility SOPs relating to current Health Canada regulations, GMPs, and other applicable regulations. As the QA/QC Associate you would be responsible for record maintenance of all transactions involving restricted drugs, including receiving and shipping, and inventory; as well as, ensuring that quality standards are met and that the storage and distributions specifications of each product are met. The QA/QC Associate performs quality assurance functions for products prior to distribution. They report to the Quality Assurance Manager.
- Assists the Quality Assurance Manager in managing the Quality Management System.
- Ensure efficiency of a Quality Management System for all processing and packaging activities. Monitor process control points and take measures to eliminate deviations.
- Writes, reviews, and updates SOPs and policies to ensure continuous compliance.
- Ensures and monitors adherence to all facility SOPs relating to current GMPs and other applicable regulations; including but not limited to, Change Controls, Deviations, Recalls, Returns and Customer Complaints.
- Ensures and enforces Good Documentation Practices on all applicable documents relating to GMPs.
- Responsible for training of site management and employees on applicable SOPs and GMP related topics. Responsibilities include the planning, execution and maintenance of employee training records as well as testing to ensure training effectiveness.
- Participate in internal and external audits for Health Canada, GMP and QA. This includes addressing issues, preparing response reports.
- Monitor supplier performance. Work with operations to resolve quality issues with production inputs.
- Ensure integrity of oil products, including oversight of annual and semi-annual inventories. Investigate variances and reconciliations.
- Oversee sampling of raw materials and finished goods for testing and retention purposes, when applicable.
- Support Site Security Officer in managing cage/vault security and access.
- Assist in the investigation and report all suspicious transactions and losses.
- Assist with the authorization, processing and managing all returned product.
- Assist with operational activities as required.
- Review COAs and all other private brand documents.
- Maintain SDS.
- Complete all other tasks related to the position, as assigned by the Quality Assurance Manager or Head of QA/QC.
- Bachelor of Science Degree (BSc) in Chemistry, Bio-Chemistry, Pharmacology, Pharmacy, Microbiology, Chemical Engineering, Medicine, Dentistry or Veterinary Medicine.
- 2-5 years of work experience in related field.
- Knowledge of GMP, ISO 9001, and Health Canada cannabis regulations.
- Previous experience in either the cannabis or pharmaceutical industry.
- Previous Health Canada Security clearance and work experience with a Canadian license holder is an asset.
- Knowledge of GLP principles, ISO 17025, and laboratory experience an asset.
- Knowledge and experience in chemistry, and pharmacology an asset.
- Strong knowledge of MS Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Excellent analytical skills and above average attention to detail.
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills.
- Oriented towards quality work and service.
- Capable of multitasking with minimal supervision.
- Excellent English communication skills both written and verbal.
- Able to successfully obtain clear criminal record check.
If your experience and skill set aligns with the above please submit your resume to email@example.com with subject line ‘Quality Assurance/Quality Control Associate application.’
About The Valens Company
The Valens Company is a global leader in the end-to-end development and manufacturing of innovative, cannabinoid-based products. The Company is focused on being the partner of choice for leading Canadian and international cannabis brands by providing best-in-class, proprietary services including CO2, ethanol, hydrocarbon, solvent-less and terpene extraction, analytical testing, formulation and white-label product development and manufacturing. Valens is the largest third-party extraction Company in Canada with an annual capacity of 425,000 kg of dried cannabis and hemp biomass at our purpose-built facility in Kelowna, British Columbia which is in the process of becoming European Union (EU) Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) compliant. The Valens Company currently offers a wide range of product formats, including tinctures, two-piece caps, soft gels, oral sprays and vape pens as well as beverages, concentrates, topicals, edibles, injectables, natural health products and has a strong pipeline of next-generation products in development for future release. Finally, the Company’s wholly-owned subsidiary Valens Labs is a Health Canada licensed ISO 17025 accredited cannabis testing lab providing sector-leading analytical services and has partnered with Thermo Fisher Scientific to develop a Centre of Excellence in Plant-Based Science. For more information, please visit http://thevalenscompany.com. The Company’s investor deck can be found specifically at http://thevalenscompany.com/investors/
Return to Careers